Ways I saved for a slice of suburbia today
Today, to save for my slice of suburbia, I:
- I stayed in the area and used zero petrol
- Ate cheap, simple to prepare food: rice and vegetable frittata; risotto; popcorn; home made coffee; herbal tea.
- Rugged up and went walking in chilly temperatures when I felt a dose of cabin fever.
- Quick clean and tidy up.
- Made a small batch of rose petal and apple jam.
- Decorated jam jars with pretty paper instead of buying labels.
- Extra risotto ready for tomorrow's brunch.
- Hot water bottle on my back helps with pain and any discomfort.
- Researched more property and their unique details.
- Went through catalogs and selected weekly specials of staples.
- Made little tubs of frozen yogurt and homemade jam for a ice cream substitute.
- Added to my shopping list.
- Watered pot plants.
- Put on load of washing.
- Folded up load of washing that dried inside while it poured and stormed outside.