My body says no way
Recently, I have been enjoying more activity including walking and bike riding on a stationary bike. Due to relatively minor chronic fatigue side effects with the odd short lived major side effect the indulgence in exercise has been primarily enjoyable which is a rare thing for a CFS affected person to say.
Quite kindly my body has been warning me that if I continue with such enthusiasm it will ramp up its response. Forgive me for being human but the side effects were overall tolerable so I kept at it. They were tolerable until yesterday. Today, the intolerable side effects kicked in faster and harder than yesterday so it is back to more resting and a gentler approach to exercise.
Unfortunately, exercise intolerance is a symptom of classic chronic fatigue.
Things to do that help me with exercise intolerance:
- gentle pace of exercise and limit my daily walking to twenty minutes a day on average for a while
- eat nutrient dense food with the odd treat
- plenty of coffee (I find it helps with muscle aches associated with exercise intolerance but everyone is different)
- take a bit more rest between pottering around the house
- the odd bit of glucose seems to help me recover from these periods of intense exercise intolerance (again, everyone is different)
I was hoping that I was improving but it looks like I had some good days, and some rest days coming up as a result. I will just have to take it one day at a time.