10 domestic tasks to save up for imaginary house
More domesticity for less today:
- I have managed to go without eggs in my fridge for the last week. Alternative protein sources include soy milk, white beans, yogurt, low fat lactose free milk.
- I may try to eek out my groceries for another week bringing my weekly spend to thirty dollars this week ( last week was sixty, two weeks=thirty a week)
- Portioned up cooked chicken and beans for future main meals.
- Made a ice cream alternative with mushed up white beans, sugar, vanilla, a little gluten free flour and soy milk. Yum! Frozen for a weirdly healthy dessert. Inspired by Japanese sweet black bean sauce.
- Only drank home made hot and cold drinks. Mainly water, a little coffee and a weak herbal from mum's garden.
- Vegetable pie in the oven, loosely based on Lord Woolton pie. I used gravy from yesterday's chicken pan juices for extra flavour.
- Chicken stock boiling away.
- Clothes drying inside on hanger metres from fire.
- Fire keeping me toasty and warm.
- Made myself a face mask from French clay and natural yogurt - so refreshing, dry clay jar has lasted for ages, a highly economical pamper!