Oodles of noodles
- left over cooked mince and veg from night before (minimal seasoning with a little oyster sauce)
- plum or berry jam (generous spoonful in lieu of sauce)
- five spice powder if you have some
- salt and pepper
- onion chopped roughly, or garlic if you have it
- spare vegetable roughly chopped (I added carrot)
- splash of olive oil
- vermicelli noodles - precooked
Heat up a saucepan/ fry pan, heat olive oil, add onion/garlic, five spice powder, vegetables and caramelize. Add mince, salt and pepper and cook through. Add vermicelli noodles and jam just before you serve. Eat.
Easy and cheap alternative to the takeaway, and you can cook it in your pyjamas.