- Finished Christmas present buying. I keep it to a select few and usually have an extra few for occasional acts of random gift buying.
- While buying small things for Christmas, I also bought some groceries and stocked up on basics. I did buy the odd treat but kept things pretty simple. I bought some Ceylon grade tea to get us all through the Christmas season.
- My mum's phone decided to stop working. I switched it on and off and it decided to co-operate. Unfortunately, Mum bought a phone whose technology was redundant at purchase. Mum needs an upgrade but will refuse until it completely stops working.
- My computer refused to switch on, and I was resigned to likely needing to a buy a new one. My solutions included: a keyboard for an iPad; a new notebook ; use Mum's computer temporarily.
- Thankfully, the notebook turned out to just need a thirty second press of the power button, and updates installed, and it's a good as new. I had problems when installing updates in the past and had avoided them. Today's lesson: at some point, computers need upgrades or they sulk.
- I would have bought a new notebook because it's one thing I use daily and it's nice to have the ability to close my room and write when I want to. At less than three hundred dollars it's a relatively frugal luxury over time.
- Put two loads of washing on the line and hoping the wind will dry it overnight. It's been so windy there was no point putting it out earlier.
- Cleaned up for a potential visitor but they seem to have forgotten about turning up tonight. The house is now much cleaner anyway.
- Had a soak in the bath with epsom salts to easy body aches. Still aching but less that I was.
- Used french clay that was a Christmas present from nine years ago to give myself a low cost effective facial. Brilliant stuff and highly economical!
Wednesday, 14 December 2016
Today, for the beach shack #7
Today, I saved for my shack by: