- Slept in = zero electricity :D
- Updated my pay details so I can get credit on my phone via SMS over Christmas.
- Added money to my savings account. Even though the interest paid is low, it's better than nothing.
- Checked my account and discovered that I got paid money for health fund claims I did not expect. I will spend it all at the dentist next week and keep the money flowing through the economy. That's a nice bonus.
- Wrapped a couple of small presents with low cost supplies bought throughout the year.
- Watched freeview TV last night and did Pilates on the floor = workout, zero cost
- Drank coffee at home, no milk= around 15 cents a cup made with ground coffee
- Checked the real estate guide and looked at more houses I can not afford. One of these days, that situation will change. I try and keep my eye on where things are trending and what is selling etc.
- Noted that rent seems to be getting cheaper in rural areas and hopefully house prices will go with this. This is good news for those renting. Changing houses, though a bit of a pain and expensive, may be worth it for you.
- Drank name brand sparkling mineral water instead of wine last night, 10 cents a cup.
- Grabbed some sunshine when the UV is lower in the afternoon but the weather delightful, good for vitamin D and mental health. Watered plants and picked some berries for future jam.
Thursday, 15 December 2016
For the beach shack #8
Things I did to help save up for my beach shack: