Christmas for less #2
After writing the previous post on Christmas for less, I am feeling a little more inspired to come up with other ideas for people strapped for cash.
Ways to celebrate Christmas for a dollar, or so:
- A Christmas play: if you have young children, encourage them to create a play and perform it
- Carol singing: you can go to a local council, or Church Carol service
- Decorate: decorate your house with paper, old magazines, craft supplies and lots of imagination. A good activity for Children during school holidays
- Borrow a Christmas themed movie from the library
- Borrow Christmas CDs
- Play Christmas music
- Set up a fake fire and decorate it, or decorate your hearth if you have one at home (like this one: http://wonderfuldiy.com/wonderful-diy-cardboard-christmas-fireplace/ )
- Fairy lights: so cool!
- Volunteer and brighten up someone else's Christmas like these people: http://www.thechronicle.com.au/news/help-brighten-up-christmas/2480451/
- Read Little Women and other traditional stories which inspire us all to live on less
- Make yourselves each a cup of cocoa, turn off the lights, light some candles and talk without distractions
- Add a quarter of a teaspoon of cinnamon to your coffee