I took this photo of suburban Kingston, with the shops glittering in the background and ominous rain clouds gathering in my direction. Such a pretty sight before the suburb goes to sleep.
Things I did that were low cost yesterday:
1) I went for a walk and took a picture of the lights which was inspiring
2) Sent some emails to stay in touch with people
3) Knitting a blanket to give away
4) Drank vanilla flavored coffee sachets (New Moccona - lower in sugar than the other brands I found in store). I do not have my coffee machine with me and this is an easy way to have a treat for low cost, low calorie.
5) All I want to do in winter is stay inside and eat, and eat, and eat some more. I ate high fibre food and drank plenty of water yesterday. My main treat was flavored coffee, though I have been indulging in a little too much dairy after deciding I needed to reduce it.
6) I found out how to use the fan on the wood heater, so it's quiet and efficient.
7) I did use the electric heating yesterday because it was not as cold during the day and I only needed the heater on for a little while
8) The animals I am looking after continue to train me. The cat in particular seems to have read a book entitled "How To Frustrate And Control Your Cat Person, In Five Easy Steps."